Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Today I heard my favorite of all advertisements on the radio as I drove away from a friendly tennis match. Sedation Dentistry promises that you won’t remember a thing about your visit to the dentist, but I think they don’t go far enough. I think they should sell a package which is bought for you by a loved one and involves you being sedated in the morning before you wake up, brought to the dentists’ office, messed with, and brought back home, where you come to without even knowing (for sure) that you’ve been to the dentists’ office. The big drawback, as I see it, is that you will then brag to everyone that your teeth are perfect without ever seeing a dentist until the loved one that bought you the Special Sedation package goes crazy and tells you the truth, ruining the whole thing. Alternately, you could worry all the time about not going to the dentist even though you have been going. Still, they should offer the package. I think there's a market for it, and even if there isn't a market for it, I want it on the market.

1 comment:

The Julia Show said...

Why stop there? Why not "Sedated Seders" or "Sedated Cleaning out your old bedroom because I just can't stand the mess, Julia, but I'm really trying not to push you?"