Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I’m on hold. The music is very beautiful. There are voices singing, and a saxophone. Now I am talking to someone. I am saying, Hello. I am saying, Can you help me with this? He is saying, Let’s pretend. I am saying, I don’t want to pretend. I want you to help. He is saying, That is exactly what I’m going to pretend I am doing.

I am saying, I regret my previous decision. He is saying, Shhhh, little baby. It’s all right. He is saying, Think of a stream of golden coins falling from my hand into yours. I am saying, That’s how I got into this mess. He is saying, Isn’t the sound of coins falling from my hand into yours soothing? I am saying, uncertainly, There are some things money can’t buy.

I am saying, I am unhappy. He is saying, Of course you are. I am saying, Do you understand what I am saying? He is saying, It is possible to be happy in this universe. I am saying, Not with the phone service I currently have.

He is saying, Have you ever been online? It is a marvelous world where wondrous things can happen. I am saying, I am your responsibility. He is saying, Look over there! I am saying, What? What is it? Our conversation is over. I curse his name.

No comments: