Thursday, September 6, 2007

When my appliances arrive, I am going to be as happy as a woman in a retrograde ad for cleaning products, I am going to load my dishwasher and light my stove and wash my clothes with a spring in my step and, if I could whistle, a whistle on my lips. I can whistle, but it’s a sad little whistle, made a strange way, and I can’t control the note it sounds. I mean, I sound the same note again and again. Anyway, I am going to be so happy doing housework! I am going to tell all my friends how wonderful my new appliances are. Did I already mention that we’ve ordered a microwave that’s a drawer? I hope this is as wonderful as it seems. When the new appliances come, and are installed, and the kitchen has been painted and the stools are at the island and my new sink gleams, I am going to experience real happiness on a daily basis. And you, my friends, will envy me.

No comments: